Minutes of April, 2006 Meeting
Big Park Regional Coordinating Council
Minutes of April 13, 2006 Meeting
1. The April 13, 2006 meeting of the Big Park Regional Coordinating Council was called to order at 9:00 AM. by President Bert Berkshire in the Big Park Fire Station meeting room, immediately followed by the pledge to the flag.
2. In attendance were thirteen (13) members and four (4) alternates, a quorum.
3. Agenda: No items were added to the Agenda, which had been prepared by the Executive Committee, and circulated prior to the meeting.
4. Secretary’s Report. The minutes of the March 9, 2006 meeting were accepted as submitted.
5. Corresponding secretary’s report: None
6. Treasurer’s Report; The treasurer reported a current balance of $4,067.47, with the Recreation Committee showing a balance of $1,477.41. This report was approved unanimously by the Council. He also noted that all 19 members have now paid their dues.
7. Committee Reports
A. Transportation Committee: No Report
B. Planning and Zoning Committee:
1. Parcel 405-41-067F. Mc Coy condominiums have been renamed Vista del Cielo (view of the sky in Spanish). This parcel has been revised per the earlier sketch’ plan meeting to accommodate fire department requirements.. This entailed removing one building form the 14 unit plan. The P & Z Committee has requested CC&Rs that restrict rental and restrictive conversions to time share units. Access will be from Canyon Diablo Road. The units will be 3 bedroom 2 story units with access to the roof.
2. Second story space does not seem to be a very salable commodity in the Village. Therefore Tequa is exploring revising their plan to include loft living units in the fourth stage of their development. Library and museum space is also being considered.
3. Arizona Water Company is seeking approval to add another storage tank on its current site. A provision for expansion without increasing land use space was provided in their original plan.
4. The lighting ordinance revisions have passed unanimously by the Board of Supervisors.
5. Bob Johnson and Zona Fink attended a sketch plan review for the Village Plaza apartment conversion to condos to be named Lake Plaza. The intention of the developer is to convert these apartments located on East Cortez Drive (parcel no. 405-41-077G) with minimal improvements and the addition of a swimming pool.
C. Recreation Committee: Bob Carlisle updated us on the school calendar.
D. All America Road Committee: No Report
9. Old Business: None
10. New Business: None
Supervisor Davis will hold a community meeting on April 24 at 6:30 P. M. at VOCA.
We voted to support a League of Women Voters forum in Cottonwood on April 20, dealing with the subject of Arizona Trust Lands. Jane Petty will attend on our behalf.
11. The meeting was adjourned at 10:12 A. M. The next meeting will be on Thursday May 11, at 9:00A.M.