Minutes of July, 2006 Meeting
Big Park Regional Coordinating Council
Minutes of July 13, 2006 Meeting
1. The July 13, 2006 meeting of the Big Park Regional Coordinating Council was called to order at 9:00 AM. by President Bert Berkshire in the Big Park Fire Station meeting room, immediately followed by the pledge to the flag.
2. In attendance were eleven (11) members and two (2) alternates, a quorum.
3. Agenda: No items were added to the Agenda, which had been prepared by the Executive Committee, and circulated prior to the meeting.
4. Secretary’s Report. The minutes of the June 8, 2006 meeting were accepted as submitted.
5. Corresponding secretary’s report: None
6. Treasurer’s Report; The treasurer reported a current balance of $4,483 .69, with the Recreation Committee showing a balance of $1,402.96. This report was approved unanimously by the Council.
7. Committee Reports
A. Transportation Committee: No Report
B. Planning and Zoning Committee: No Report
C. Recreation Committee: No Report
D. All America Road Committee: No Report
8. Old Business: Members were reminded that the 10th anniversary celebration of the BPRCC will be held on Thursday October 18 at VOCA. This coincides with Chip Davis’ regularly scheduled Village meeting. Members were also asked to contact Zona Fink if they wish to assist her in holding this event.
9 . New Business: Kate Blevins of Verde Earthworks Co. (a new company) made a presentation on her new venture, which plans to develop a new recycling business. She and her colleagues feel the time is ripe to move forward in this venture, she having had 17 years experience with Sedona Recycling. The company plans to send a wide spread mailing (which will summarize the major elements of the program) the second week of August, with plans to begin operations on or about September 1. The phone number is 284-3778, and Kate’s cell number is 301-6929. While the Council was favorably impressed with the concept of her presentation, it could not formally endorse it, since this is a profit-making business.
10. The meeting was adjourned at 9:35 A. M. The next meeting will be on Thursday August 10, at 9:00 A. M.
Respectfully submitted, Tim Westbay, Secretary