Minutes of October, 2006 Meeting
Big Park Regional Coordinating Council
Minutes of October 12, 2006 Meeting
1. The October 12, 2006 meeting of the Big Park Regional Coordinating Council was called to order at 11:00 AM. by President Bert Berkshire in the Big Park Fire Station meeting room, immediately followed by the pledge to the flag.
2. In attendance were eleven (11) members and two (2) alternates, a quorum.
3. Agenda: There were no changes to the agenda.
4. Secretary’s Report. The minutes of the September 14, 2006 meeting were accepted as submitted.
5. Corresponding secretary’s report: None
6. Treasurer’s Report; The Treasurer reported a current balance of $2,861.20, with the Recreation Committee showing a balance of $1,365.74. This report was approved for audit.
7. Committee Reports
A. Transportation Committee: No Report
B. Planning and Zoning Committee: (Zona Fink reporting)
1. Zona reported that the Board of Supervisors had supported our position of opposing a new B & B, made easier since the applicant did not show up at the hearing.
2. Per County Ordinances, Open space must be approved in perpetuity for PAD’s.
C. Recreation Committee: No Report
D. All American Road Committee: Funds have not yet been received; when they are, committee will have a more detailed report to present.
E. Ad Hoc Library Committee: $1700 was donated to the Library as a result of the recent art show at VOCA. Carolyn is trying to set up a “Kid’s Reading Corner”
8. Old Business. 10th anniversary celebration is on schedule for Thursday October 19th.
9. New Business.
--Zona reported on a request for 10 new fire hydrants for the Village. Her excellent presentation included the fact that the water company owns the hydrants, of which there are 250 in the Village. The news ones would be across the median when 179 is finished. Cost is $3000 to $5000 each.
--Nominating committee (for next year’s officers) will be Bob Carlisle, Carolyn Fisher, and Paul Sullivan; they will report to the full Council in November.
The meeting adjourned at 12:10.