Minutes of December, 2006 Meeting
Big Park Regional Coordinating Council
Minutes of December 14, 2006 Meeting
1. The December 14, 2006 meeting of the Big Park Regional Coordinating Council was called to order at 9:00 AM by President Bert Berkshire in the Big Park Fire Station meeting room, immediately followed by the pledge to the flag.
2. In attendance were fourteen (14) members and two (2) alternates, a quorum.
3. Agenda: There was a minor change to the agenda, with AAR Committee reporting more fully.
4. Secretary’s Report: The minutes of the November 9, 2006 meeting were approved as circulated.
5. Corresponding secretary’s report: Jake Weber (IGA) was thanked for his donation to the 10th anniversary celebration; and a letter approved at the November meeting was sent to Mac McCall at the airport, regarding excessive noise by air tour operators.
6. Treasurer’s Report: The Treasurer reported a current balance of $2,815.21, with the Recreation Committee showing a balance of $1,291.29. This report was approved for audit. In addition, the Council approved a donation of $200 to Sedona Winds, in “payment” for our use of their rooms, an increase from the $100 we had previously given.
7. Committee Reports:
A. Transportation Committee: No report.
B. Planning and Zoning Committee:
1. The proposed new ATM machine and new roof for Alliance Bank were approved by the County Board of Appeals and Adjustment, after being turned down by the County. (BPRCC had OK’d this at our November meeting.)
2. County approval for Kathy Nelms kitchen at 860 Lee Mountain Road is still pending, although BPRCC had OK’d this in November.
3. Zona discussed the Hi-Lo development project, which abuts Upper Red Rock Loop Road, but 2/3 of which is in Big Park. She asked for comments at a sketch review, and plans to lead an on-site “tour” in January. She has all the details of this pending project.
C. Recreation Committee: No Report
D. All American Road Committee:
1. Committee is working on maintenance questions, as well as non-standard light poles. (This is really in the future while 179 is being rebuilt.)
2. Committee also working on bike lane maintenance.
3. It was also suggested that the Committee begin working on the grant (due February 7), for the second year of the project even though we have not yet received funds for the first year.
E. Ad Hoc Library Committee: Carolyn Fisher reported that Kid’s Corner has a need for books for children 6 and under.
8. Old Business. None.
9. New Business. None
10. Announcements: President Berkshire asked for three volunteers to audit the books, and appointed Carolyn Fisher, Jane Petty, and Jeff Dunn to perform this task.
* * After the meeting (in the December 15 issue of the Red Rock News), it was announced that Carolyn Fisher had been named winner of the 2006 Ruth K. Birkner award for her extensive volunteer work, including BPRCC.
The meeting adjourned at 9:50. The next meeting will be January 11; new officers will assume their positions after the Treasurer’s Report.