Minutes of July, 2004 Meeting
Big Park Regional Coordinating Council
Minutes of July 8, 2004 Meeting
1. SR 179 Process—Tom Hutchinson reported that the BPRCC stakeholder representatives will be Tom Hutchinson for DAP #1 and Bert Berkshire for DAP #2.
2. Gas Pipeline – The following motion was approved and sent to the Coconino National Forest office in support of the proposed “Purple” alternative as the preferred location for the Gas pipeline extension: “In reference to the proposed Gas pipe line extension from the Village of Oak Creek through the Coconino National Forest to Sedona, the Big Park Regional Coordinating Council agrees that the “Purple” alternative, which would align the pipeline next to the new south bound road footprint would be preferred. However, given that the present highway easement is approximately 200 feet wide, the draft EA should be modified to confirm that ADOT have agreed to develop the precise location for the new south bound highway lane and provide that information to UniSource in time to support pipeline construction. In addition, the EA should be clarified with respect to re-vegetation of the pipeline construction area specifying that the disturbed natural vegetation will be replaced as soon as possible with the same types of vegetation as were removed.”
3. Transportation Committee Chairman Replacement – no action taken.
1. Report on June 21st Board of Supervisors meeting – Helipad and Village Estates – Dorothy Hores reported that the Yavapai County Board of Supervisors rejected the request to approve locating a helipad in VOC. Also, that action was deferred on Village Estates sub division pending clarification of some of the details.
2. Cathedral Rock Ranch – motion was approved concurring with the proposed extension of the sales facility on the property for an additional four years.
3. Bella Terra on Oak Creek – location of effluent discharge next to flood plain – The proposed development would be 106 homes adjacent to Canyon Wash (present zoning would permit 200+ homes) and planned to locate its effluent discharge next to the flood plain. The Council approved the following motion requesting reconsideration of the effluent discharge location: “The Big Park Regional Coordinating Council recommends the consideration of other options for location the effluent treatment facility outside of the flood plain.”
4. Next P&Z Meeting – will be held on July 19th to permit attendance at the July 26th SR 179 DAP kickoff meeting.
1. Summer Swimming – Louisa Connell reported that the summer swim program at Sedona Winds will end on Sunday, August 1st due to poor attendance.
2. Recreation Committee Meeting – the next meeting of the Recreation Committee will be on July 14th at 2PM.
1. It is recommended that Committee members limit their term on the Committee to four years in order to encourage wider Community participation.
Meeting was adjourned at 10:20AM.
Approved August 12, 2004
John Gillam, Secretary