Minutes of April, 1999 Meeting
MINUTES OF REGULAR MEETING OF
Big Park Regional Coordinating Council (BPRCC)
April 22, 1999
Village of Oak Creek Community Center
1. Call to Order: President Byrnes called the meeting to order at 6:35 PM, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
2. Establishing a Quorum: There were representatives from 12 of the 17 member associations, constituting a quorum.
3. President’s Report: President Byrnes asked for a moment of silence for the people affected by the situation in Littleton, CO.
4. Secretary’s Report: The phrase “who is very business and developer oriented” under 6.A.1. was deleted. There were no other changes. Joan McClelland moved that the minutes be accepted, Ray Spenser seconded. Passed
5. Treasurer’s Report: The treasurer’s report was passed out. Ray Spenser moved that it be accepted, Joan McClelland seconded. Passed.
6. Committee Reports:
1. Lot 117 Update – The latest development request to Yavapai Commissioners and Supervisors was denied. They agreed that the residents of Bell Rock Vista I must consent to amending their CC&Rs from Residential to Residential Services/Village Services before they will consider approval.
2. Transportation – Joanne Johnson, along with other Big Park residents, attended the ADOT Transportation Board meeting in Flagstaff on April 9th to support the upgrading of SR179. She feels that the Board was receptive to continuing the project with construction to start in 2001. The Citizens Road Committee has been working with the county to install Speed Humps on Bell Rock Blvd to slow traffic. The county plans to install temporary humps before the road project is started to test citizen’s reaction. Permanent humps will be installed when the road project is completed. In July the county will begin the flood control and paving of Verde Valley School Road and Bell Rock Blvd, after the current work to upgrade the sewer lines is completed. The Bell Rock Blvd project will extend past the VOCA Clubhouse to Pinon.
7. New Business:
A. Tom O’Halleran provided an overview of the activities of the Verde Valley Watershed and the state agencies, as well as the studies that are beginning to try to understand our long-term water issues.
8. Adjourn. The meeting was adjourned at 8:40 PM.
Carolyn W. Fisher, Recording Secretary
THE NEXT REGULAR MEETING OF THE COUNCIL WILL BE HELD May 27th, 1999, AT 9 AM AT THE VILLAGE OF OAK CREEK COMMUNITY CENTER. ALL REPRESENTATIVES AND ALTERNATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO ATTEND.