This organization is a round table that includes: the District 2 and District 3 County Supervisors; ADOT staff; representatives from the incorporated entities (Cottonwood, Sedona, Jerome, Camp Verde, Clarkdale, Yavapai-Apache Nation), representatives from the MSA unincorporated areas (Beaver Creek Community Association, Big Park Council, Cornville Community Association); Northern AZ Council of Governments (NACOG); US Forest Service; Yavapai County staff; and a few other entities. All the agencies responsible for roads are present (in numbers) in this group.
The group's purpose is to review and discuss Verde Valley-area transportation projects - those that are underway as well as problem areas that may not be "on the map". This is an information-sharing forum, not a decision-making group.
Candidate Selection Criteria:
- Prepare ahead of time and attend every meeting (4x/year). The meetings are currently being conducted via Zoom but should be back to in-person later this year. Our understanding is that Cottonwood is the standard venue. A quarterly meeting schedule will resume after the next meeting, which is scheduled for May 26th.
- Have visibility (name and contact info) in the community (Council website) to receive communication from residents about problems and conditions that might be brought to the forum, particularly regarding safety.
- Promptly and courteously respond to resident suggestions and/or questions.
- Report to the Executive Board after each quarterly VVTPO meeting and at Council meetings.
- Be diligent in watching for problem situations and doing appropriate research to understand the problems.
If you or someone you know might be interested in this position, please contact Camille Cox, firstname.lastname@example.org.