The purpose of the Membership Committee is to recruit new members and engage current members through education and advocacy. While individuals can participate as volunteers and are welcome to join committees, attend meetings and join in discussions, there are no individual memberships. Only organizations may become members. This is important to know because only Council members may vote on proposed actions.
- Would you like to become involved in community projects or help to solve community concerns?
- Would you like to be in the know about what’s going on in the VOC, Sedona, the Verde Valley, and Yavapai County?
- Would you like to make new friends in the Village of Oak Creek?
You sound like someone who would enjoy participating in the Big Park Council!
Ways to Participate
There are many ways to participate in the Big Park Council.
- Attend the Council meetings.
- Become a representative for your neighborhood.
- Volunteer to serve on one of the committees that you might enjoy or in which you have some expertise.
- Become an officer (No experience necessary)
Volunteer for a Task
Volunteer to help with specific tasks for which you have a skill or interest, such as:
- Be a social media correspondent.
- Create surveys.
- Distribute flyers.
- Assist your neighborhood Council representative.
Join the Membership Committee
Join the Big Park Council Membership Committee to make sure everyone in the VOC knows what we do.
Learn More about the Big Park Council
If you would like to see what the Big Park Council is all about, keep exploring this website! If you would like to become involved in an activity or attend our meetings, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.